Friday, June 03, 2005

Congratulations Johnny!

All hail Johnny the Horse...he came closest to guessing where I went on vacation last weekend and wins a link on my sidebar. So where did I go?

Answer:

The Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, Texas. And I must say, it was worth every minute of the eight-hour drive it took to get there.

Additionally, Mrs. T and I visited a few other points of interest along the way.

We stopped at the Buddy Holly statue in Lubbock, Texas and his grave. I learned he dropped the "e" in his last name after it was misspelled on his recording contract.


On Sunday morning, we woke up early and met Hody... who drove us to breakfast...


Then it was off to Palo Duro Canyon where the wife and I hiked for six miles roundtrip to see this rock formation...

In 1874, the United States Cavalry cornered a mess of Indians in the canyon and shot dead 1,000 of their horses. Today, shooting horses in the canyon is discouraged.


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Back to Top