Friday, May 13, 2005

Rowdy's Week in Review

Normally I try to keep my posts limited to one topic, but this has been a crazy week with much to write about. So I will do my best to write a J-Go like weekly wrap up blog entry. Sorry J-Go if I screw this up...but here goes.....

ITEM!

ROWDY MEETS DAVE ATTELL


Dave Attell & Rowdy
Who is Dave Attell? He's the guy with the job I've always wanted...he travels the world, drinks, stays up all night and gets paid for it. He's like a cross between Rick Steves and a drunk monkey.

ITEM!

ROWDY RECEIVES SURPRISE GIFT

My Evil Little Brother arrived at the Cloister bearing gifts earlier this week (see previous post.) When I opened the door he had in one hand a bottle of Metaxa Grande Fine...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
which was not much of a surprise (I was expecting a bottle of Olympian Reserve.) But in his other hand he had....
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
...a 19 1/2 inch tall plastic Godzilla! The very kind I had as a kid, with the spring loaded, hard plastic fist that shoots off his arm at mach speed. Well done ELB, well done.

ITEM!

BUGS IN MY GRILL


It's lovebug season in east Texas. I just washed a bunch of these guys off last weekend, but I smacked into a few more this week. There's probably a reason there aren't too many Jains in my line of work.

ITEM!

UNDISCOVERED TALENT


Keith Taylor
After a hard day's work there's nothing like settling down at the hotel bar and sipping down a few Manhattans. What's better is when there's live entertainment. Enter Keith Taylor. This guy can sing, and he does every Tuesday and Wednesday at the Holiday Inn's Lone Star Lounge in Victoria, Texas. You can sample his music at his website.


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Back to Top