Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Back in Touch


A typical lunch in high school consisted of a cone of pomme frites and a bag of gummi candy.

What an exciting week. It looks like my old high school in Germany is throwing a reunion this summer, and it'll be stateside. Since we're all Army brats the reunion is open to all classes. Up till now I've only kept in touch with two people from back then, but this week, in an attempt to ensure that I won't be alone at the reunion, I tracked down four more old friends. Turns out that one of my friends just lives a few miles from the Cloister!

It's fascinating to speak on the phone with someone you haven't talked to in 15 years...flipping through yearbook pages and sharing stories. It's amazing what they'll remember, what you'll remember...and how they remember you. I'm still trying to track down a few more of my old buddies, but already it looks like we've got the critical mass for one hell of a reunion.


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Back to Top