Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Lost in Transliteration

Last night Mrs. Theologian and I watched The Grudge. Let me state first, I am not a fan of horror flicks. We rented it because it was set in Japan (Mrs. T's homeland.) I knew we were taking a risk because although some movies shot in Japan are good, others are disastrous. Once I saw Ryo Ishibashi's name in the credits though I had hope; I really liked him in Suicide Club.

Anyway, I didn't log on to talk about movies. The Grudge just triggered a memory from my stint in Japan that I thought I'd share. This is a picture of an apartment complex not too far from where I lived. I apologize for the angle, I took it from a moving car...but can you make out the name of the place?



"Liver Flats"! I love it. I can just imagine the poor folks who live here and have this on all their address labels.

I tried to submit this picture to Engrish.com once, but they never posted it.

UPDATE: Before anymore Totebaggers email me regarding my disdain for Lost in Translation, let me explain. I am a working man. As such, I find it utterly impossible to sympathize with some guy's mid-life crisis when he's getting paid a ridiculous sum of money to drink whiskey in Japan for a week.


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Back to Top