Monday, January 24, 2005

Sein und Zeit


So this evening Mrs. Theologian and I take our usual seat at Jim's. Joe sees us walk in and brings me my coffee and silverware. A typical Monday dinner. Or so it seemed...

Shortly after placing my order I looked up and saw a man walk in who looked eerily familiar. Boots, glasses, beard. I smirked at my wife and said, "I know that guy." At least I was pretty sure I did. It had been 12 years since I'd last seen him.

I waited until he finished eating before I approached him. Sure enough, it was him.... my Philosophy 101 professor from my first year in college. I took his class the year before I transferred to Ohio University's Philosophy Department. The neat thing about this guy is that he did his undergrad Philosophy work at OU as well, and before I transferred he told me quite a bit about the Department and the town of Athens. We were both thrilled to discover we're now neighbors. Who knows, before it's all over we may start-up an annual Birthday Bash for Nietzsche right here in Texas. It only takes two OU Philosophy Dept. Alumni to maintain that custom--and October 15 is on a Saturday this year! Fate has spoken.


Go Katz!



<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Back to Top