Saturday, January 29, 2005

Blogger, Party of Ten.

Here goes my first shot at a meme...here are the rules, borrowed from Johnny the Horse who in turn borrowed them from J-Walk:

"The goal of this exercise is to identify nine other bloggers that you would like to meet for dinner/drinks. The only caveat is that these bloggers must be strangers -- you haven't met them before. State the blogger's name, a link to the blog, and why you would like him/her to be in attendance".

This was tricky because I spend most of my time on my friends' blogs. Anyway, lets get started:
  1. Johnny the Horse from The Bed and Breakfast Man. He doesn't know it yet, but he was the inspiration for this comic strip. I enjoy visiting his site because he's witty and light-hearted, and that's nice in a cyberspace full of rants.
  2. Clo from Lost in Translation. Alright, I'll be the first to admit my Portuguese is very, very poor, nonetheless I often pour through this site with my little green Collin's Gem Dictionary in hand...
  3. Tvindy from Tvindy: A Blog about Nearly Everything. Intelligence + Spare Time= Free Translations of The Llama Song.
  4. Bill from the Maverick Philosopher. I often disagree with this guy, but he'd deserve a place at my table...probably at the end with J-Go. Very thoughtful posts and fun to read.
  5. Victoria from The Typographical Terror and Minutiae: The Other Blog. I love grammar freaks and she are one.
  6. Brittany from Britt's Travel Journal. Another Texan gone to Japan. Keeping up with her reminds me of my stint over there.
  7. David from An Aid to Memory. An Ohio University Classics grad, also probably sitting at the other end of the table with J-Go and Bill, but hey...
  8. Louis from the Unrepentant Marxist. Anyone who gets excited about Bogdan Denitch cooking paella can sit at my table anyday.
  9. One more seat to fill, I know it's against the rules, but I can't go anywhere without my wife.

And now the short list...Blogs I frequent of folks I know and have met:
  1. J-Go from Suburban Scrawl.
  2. E. McPan from The Neutral Zone Trap.
  3. Kurtie from Kurtie!.
  4. Raquelita from Reasons Why You Should Sit On the Back Row.
  5. Amy from Cranky Amy.



<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Back to Top