Thursday, November 18, 2004

More on Denver Jackson


Denver Jackson baiting a catfish line with the Professor

Okay, first to answer J Go's question: This is Calvin Trillin. But that's all I'm saying about him, because I'm sure if you want to speak with Calvin he's just a call to an agent away. The pressing question at the moment is "Denver Jackson." That's right, no question mark necessary. His name alone is an enigma. The photo above is the only other picture I have of Denver Jackson. (If some Guy really does have a shot of Denver with my evil brother I would love a copy.)

Here is an abbreviated update I've pulled from J Go's site:

Who was Denver Jackson? Nobody seems to know. Let me try to lay out the facts:
- It is pretty clear that he actually did exist (see Rowdy Theologian's photo). Unless he was the product of a mass hallucination because my friends Guy S., Arquette, and others actually did meet him.
- I had a class with him, and he was there for at least the first half of the quarter.
Beyond that the facts are murky.
- He may have been a drop out of a Catholic Seminary (one week from his final vows).
- He may have been the nephew of the Pop Artist Roy Lichtenstein (whom he called Uncle Lichy).
- He may have had a regular summer job breaking horses.
- He may have been from Bryan, Ohio.
- He may have been engaged to be married around 1994 or so.
- He may have been a friend of former Ohio Governor Dick Celeste.

The above claims were heard directly by me from Denver Jackson himself. The last confirmed contact was with the Rowdy Theologian, who had agreed to meet him in front of the Pantheon in Rome , where he never showed up and has never been seen again.

And a comment from some Guy:

I know a few other things about Denver Jackson (although when discussing Denver, the word "know" is a bit strong):

1) He may have almost been on the TV show "Jeopardy"
2) He may or may not have had months to live in 1995
3) He agreed, at least verbally, to be my house-mate for the 1995-1996 school year. We discussed it in the spring, but I never heard from him again. I ended up sharing a house with The Rowdy Theologian, which was certainly enlightening. I think Denver is on a quest to find out what is written on I.M.Pei's tombstone.

If anyone has any knowledge of the whereabouts of Denver Jackson, or any knowledge about Denver Jackson at all for that matter, please let us know.


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Back to Top