Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Tip O'Neill for the Pizza

My friend J.Go from college sent me an article today from The Post, Ohio University's student run newspaper. I hadn't read The Post in years. The gist of the article is that the price for a slice of pizza has gone up from $1.50 to $1.75 because of cheese costs and how this will wreak havoc on the local economy.
Reading the article reminded me of Tip O'Neill's famous insight that "All politics is local." I suddenly realized how disproportionately I read national news stories over local stories. So in an attempt to cure this, I've collected news sites to locales of particular interest to me and placed them on my sidebar.
And please, take this opportunity to write your Congressmen and ask them how they intend to rein in the skyrocketing cost of cheese.


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Back to Top